Saturday, June 11, 2011

A new baby

My old Brother sewing machine has been having issues lately, and I was using my mother in law's machine, but we have known that I needed an upgrade for a while. I did my research and decided on the Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 to use and abuse next.

The husband and I made a weekend out of it, starting out at a bed and breakfast called the Traditions Inn in Columbus, Nebraska. How CUTE! The rooms were affordable and gave you that country feel even with the great downtown Columbus location. And the owner was just the nicest woman! We were late (thanks to trying to hurry and getting stopped outside of Albion...luckily it was just a warning!), but called ahead to let them know, and she was more than accommodating. We arrived around 9:30 and we debated between just grabbing a snack before bed and supper, but we realized that we were in the "big city" and could actually eat out at a nice restaurant late, so we went for that option.


 Here is a sunset we enjoyed on our way there...the hubs even offered to stop for a picture!



And the super cut planter...need to figure out how to DIY that! Don't you just love the garden tool curtain rods in the breakfast room? I will do this in a mud room someday!

In the morning we headed to our first quilt shop, where I oogled over these gorgeous kaleidoscope quilts.




And then I drooled all over these antique quilts they had for decor. I love the little ruffle in the flower, and the yellow and white...how classic!




And then at the second quilt shop, I was told we weren't allowed to take pictures of the quilts unless we bought the pattern. :( Country Traditions Quilt Shop in Fremont was amazing and they had SO many quilts hung up! And SO much fabric...and SO many Pfaff sewing machines!
Here I am with the new baby! I was thinking about naming her Daphne, because it kind of goes with Pfaff. Ha...so funny. Anyway...She's awesome, and I'm loving having such an advanced machine. I've only barely scratched the surface on what she can do, but I'm hoping to hit one of the free owner's classes at the quilt shop sometime soon to expand what I can do.

I did buy one other little thing at the quilt shop that has made a huge difference in my sewing...fork pins! I am making this quilt from Moda Bake Shop for Lily, and she uses them in the tutorial, so it inspired me to try them out. They are SO handy, and so easy to use! I just love the look of a quilt with the seams pressed open, so now that I have these, I'll be doing that more often.
Happy quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment