Thursday, May 26, 2011

Running Momma, Day 2

I'm still a running momma! I was telling Lily to say "Go, Mom, Go!" when we were running, and although it may get old sometime, it was darn cute today. I'm more sore today, but the run felt better. I felt like I was running smoother and not bumbling along, and I didn't feel as self conscious. I have to admit that is part of what has kept me from running before, I don't know what I would look like to other people, but I realized today that it really didn't matter! I am doing something that is good for me and my daughter and I look better out running like a non-runner than I do on the couch. :)

I wore my ball cap the other day and when my head sweated under the hat, it itched, so I went hatless today, and my bangs were all in my face. So next time, I need to find some kind of headband or pin my bangs back. And I need to put shoes on Lily that she can't easily take off and no hat, because I had to stop and pick up the hat or shoes a couple times. Today, I also made myself cool down long enough to drink my whole 24 oz water bottle, and when I got back I didn't feel the need to crash on the floor for a while.

I feel kind of silly writing all of this out, but I want to be able to look back on this when I hit a "I don't want to run!" phase. I feel great today, a little sore, but refreshed and skinny (though I know it's too soon to see any real results).

2 comments:

  1. So what you need for a headband is something like this:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/60991663/non-slip-thick-limewhitepink-flowers
    Since you sew, you could totally make this yourself. All it is is ribbon backed with a piece of velour and then a piece of elastic in the back. People swear by these and I'm sure you could find a tutorial pretty easily. Plus, you could make them to match your outfits. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Thank you! I definitely will make myself one, or two... :)

    ReplyDelete