Today, I am grateful for glass jars. Doesn't sound very deep or important, but the big things in life are usually the small things, so keep that in mind. :) I have various glass jars scattered about my kitchen right now in various phases of making something. A dozen and a half old quart jars I bought at a garage sale last weekend sit on the floor by the sink ready to be put in my canning cupboard, a pint jar sits on top of the fridge with sour cream in the works, two pint jars (old ones at that, one of them is square!) are in my crock pot with yogurt in the works, two gallon pickle jars are sitting in my pantry ready to have homemade vanilla made in them, 6 large baby food jars filled with homemade citronella candles are cooling on the counter...
No, not all of my days are filled with this much homemade-ness, but today I thought about my Granny a lot, and how much she made from scratch not because she wanted to, but because she had to. It also made me really want a milk cow, or at least a source for fresh raw milk...
Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!
No comments:
Post a Comment