I'm going way out on a limb here, writing this out in the open where people could see it and hold me accountable, so bear with me and don't tease me too much.
I'm buying a jogging stroller. And I'm going to start jogging.
Whew. There, I said it. As I write this, I'm freaking out. I'm not a runner, I have never enjoyed it, but that could be because gym class in school is horribly embarrassing for the non-athletic type (ie. me). I joked with a friend about her running ("Why would you want to go and do a thing like that?") and afterwards I realized it was a very inconsiderate thing to say. Anyway, she told me how she started running and that she wasn't a runner either, and it got me to thinking...maybe it's for me too? Then she and other women said how relaxing and stress-relieving and solitary it is to run and that hit the spot for me. I need relaxation and stress-relief and solitude. Badly. This stay at home mom thing is fantastic, and I'm a natural introvert, so the whole not being around people all the time is great for me, but I needed to get out and do something!
So, it comes back to "Why would I want to spend the money on a single jogging stroller when we plan on having another baby soon?" Well, I honestly may not be able to carry any more children, so why should I put my life and my health on hold for a maybe? We lived in Crete for 16 months with no pictures on the walls and very few friends because "We're planning on moving soon." Well, it took 16 months for us to get out of there and it would have been a lot more enjoyable had we hung pictures and made more friends.
Good for you. I'm a runner, so to speak. I'm very slow, but I love it. I would highly recommend doing a program like Couch to 5K to start out because it will mix walking with running and ease you into it. The worst thing you could do is go out and try to run a couple miles on your first trip out because you will be disappointed. My other blog is a running/triathlon blog that you can check out if you want. Let me know if you have any questions! :-)
ReplyDeleteThank you! And C25K is what I'm doing! I have been told by several people that it is the program to turn non-runners into runners, so I'm pretty excited. I will definitely check out your blog, thanks for the encouragement! :)
ReplyDelete