I'm a big water drinker. Well, after coffee. But other than coffee, I drink a lot of water. I'm trying to cut back on coffee/caffeine, so my Camelbak water bottle has been my best friend. I have this one, and when I started drinking out of it, Lily decided it was the coolest water bottle around, way cooler than her sippy cups. So I checked into getting her one of her own, and though they are labeled for ages 3+, I got her this one to put in her Easter basket. She's had it a little over a week and the girl does not let it out of her sight. We are Camelbak lovers.
But just the other day I was looking into the stainless steel ones to give as gifts (they were on sale for $17ish), and one of the reviewers said to use flavorless denture tablets to clean them. Ah-ha! What an excellent idea! I clean ours every other day or so the best I can with a dish brush, but this way I "know" they are getting clean in those spots I couldn't reach before. I bought a pack of 40 denture tablets for $3.49 at our local (expensive small town) grocery store, so I'm sure you can find them cheaper on Amazon or Walmart.
So...there's another use for denture tablets. The little old lady in the grocery store looked at me like I was crazy when I asked her where the denture tablets were, but when I explained that I heard about cleaning water bottles with them, she said, "I'll have to try that!"

No comments:
Post a Comment